What are cookies?
Cookies are small, simple text files that are sent to your browser when you visit the DS COVERS Website. These files are saved on your computer’s hard drive or in the memory of your mobile device. The browser can send this information back when you next visit the DS COVERS Website.
What are the other technologies?
By using cookies and other technologies, DS COVERS ensures that:
– Surfing the DS COVERS Website is easier and more convenient for you;
– You do not receive or have to input the same information over and over again when using the DS COVERS Website;
– We can offer you special functionalities;
– We can keep track of how the DS COVERS Website is being used and how it should be improved;
– We can keep track of how often an advertisement is displayed.
If you do not wish to receive any cookies at all, you can change the settings on your Internet browser so that the use of all cookies is blocked. Please note that this will mean that some functionalities will be disabled. You will still be able to visit the DS COVERS Website for information about our special offers and products. You can also change the settings of your Internet browser so that it notifies you whenever a cookie is being installed. This is explained in more detail in this Cookie Statement.
Which cookies do we use?
DS COVERS uses various cookies. Below is an explanation of the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them.
Functional or strictly necessary cookies
Functional or strictly necessary cookies are required for the operation of the DS COVERS Website. These anonymous cookies ensure, among other things, that:
– Your preferences, such as language, location, and desired number of results to display, are saved. These cookies also remember, for example, which articles you have put in your shopping cart and the information you have entered in your order forms;
– Your browser settings are saved, so that the DS COVERS Website is displayed optimally on your screen;
– You can make payments via the DS COVERS Website;
– It is possible to trace any abuse or other problems on our DS COVERS Websites and other services. One example of this is the registration of multiple consecutive and unsuccessful login attempts. No consent is required for the use of these cookies.
DS COVERS uses analytical cookies to research the use of the DS COVERS Website. These provide DS COVERS with insight into why and how often the DS COVERS is being used, and the data may be used to make any necessary changes to the DS COVERS Website. This is how we ensure that the DS COVERS website works as optimally as possible.
DS COVERS processes anonymous statistics about visits to its Website. This is done using a web analysis system. The following details, among others, are saved in the web analysis system via cookies:
– The IP address;
– Technical characteristics such as the browser you use (such as Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, or Firefox) and your screen resolution;
– The page from which you visited the DS COVERS Website;
– When and how long you visit or use the DS COVERS Website;
– Whether you use functionalities of the DS COVERS Website;
– Which pages you visit on the DS COVERS.
DS COVERS uses these cookies to keep track of how many and which DS COVERS advertisements you have seen.
DS COVERS uses re-targeting and/or re-marketing technologies on the DS COVERS Website. This is how we can provide you with appealing and personalised offers. In order to do this, DS COVERS installs cookies that enable your surfing activities on the DS COVERS Website to be monitored and a profile of your surfing activities to be created. Based on this profile, DS COVERS can show you personalised advertisements on third-party websites.
Reading out information without cookies
Aside from installing cookies, DS COVERS also reads out information from your browser and mobile device without installing a cookie. This is how DS COVERS collects information on the technical and other features of your computer or mobile device and the software you use, such as the type of operating system, your browser settings, the plug-ins that have been installed, your time zone, and the size of your screen. DS COVERS uses this information to be able to monitor your surfing activities and better tailor its services to your use.
Browser settings and deleting cookies
If you do not want websites to save cookies on your computer, you can change the cookie settings in your browser. In that case, you will receive a warning before cookies are installed. You can also adjust your settings so that your browser refuses all cookies or only cookies from third parties. You can also delete cookies that have already been installed. You are free at any time to withdraw the consent you have given DS COVERS to install and read out cookies by changing the cookie settings in your browser accordingly, so that your browser does not accept any cookies and/or deletes all the cookies that have been installed in your browser. This may result in parts of the DS COVERS Website no longer functioning, or no longer functioning properly.
The process for changing your settings differs by browser. These processes are explained step by step, below.
Deleting cookies in Edge:
Deleting cookies in Internet Explorer:
Deleting cookies in Firefox:
Deleting cookies in Chrome:
Deleting cookies in Safari: